Friday, October 19, 2007

The error of Transgender Apologetics

(or, how I came to name my blog)

One of the biggest errors that transgendered folk make in my opinion is the "apologetic". They all too often want to explain away why they need to be transgendered. First off, this gives too much ground to the gender normative. What are you apologizing for?
Secondly I think that this arises out of a subtle statism. Statism is, at its core, a desire to make other people do what they ordinarily wouldn't. Once you can establish an excuse or need, you can make other people be nice to you or even give you free stuff.
Me, I'm an anarchist. I don't have to explain why I'm doing this. It is very compelling to me, but either way, it's none of anyone's business. I might want to explain myself out of a desire to be understood by others, but even so, my explanation will be framed in terms of desire and not need.
All I need is for other people not to damage me or my property. But I'd love to have more friends... :)

Welcome, potential friends.

No comments: